- There are many ways to improve your grades and increase your learning experience. Try out these tips.
Get help from a tutor
- Need some extra help in your classes? Check out the websites found here.
- Create flashcards, games and tests to help you study for a test.
- Check out all the cool tools you can use here.
Use the Portal to check your grades
- Granite School District's Portal is a way for you to look at all your grades for your classes.
- You can also check to make sure you have all your assignments turned in.
- Check the portal several times throughout the term to keep yourself informed.
Submit assignments on-time
- Use a planner to keep track of all your assignments.
- Take notes on what you need to accomplish.
- Make a plan to get the assignment finished.
- Give yourself some extra time in case an emergency comes up.
- Double-check your work.
- Try your best.
- If you have any questions, ask your teacher.
Pay attention in class
- The information you learn in class will most likely appear on an assignment or test. By paying attention and taking notes as needed, you will be more prepared for any graded material.
- Failing to listen in class can cause you to lose easy points.
Talk to your teacher
- Whenever you have a problem with your grade or you want to talk about what you can do to improve it, always go talk to your teacher.
- Contacting the principal or school counselors is not a way to improve your grades.
- Your teacher is the only one that can decide what your grade will be.
- If you want to talk to them about improving your grade, make sure you talk to them with plenty of time before the term ends. Talking to them the week of the term ending is too late.
- Email your teacher with any questions or concerns. Click here for a list of teacher's email addresses.
Start a study group
Start a study group with a bunch of your classmates. Sometimes your classmates understand concepts better than you do. By creating a study group, you can help each other to understand and do well in the class. Creating a study group is also an awesome way to prepare for a test.