state aid programs
- HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Take the right classes in grades 9-12
- Earn at least a 3.3 cumulative GPA
- Meet college enrollment or deferment requirements
- Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Utah Promise Scholarship (need-based)
- Available at Utah's public colleges and universities, as well as Utah's public technical colleges.
- Will cover up to tuition and fees for two years.
- Need to fill out the FAFSA first
T. H. Bell Education Scholarship (for future educators)
- The T.H. Bell Scholarship is for those intent on entering the teaching profession in Utah
- It can be used at all public or private institutions in Utah that offer an approved program
- It aims to recruit first-generation students into teaching, encourage outstanding students to work in high-need fields, and recognize teaching as a critically important career in Utah
- T.H. Bell Scholarships may cover up to the cost of resident tuition, fees, and books. It also may be received for up to four consecutive years
Technical Education Scholarship
- Available at all trade schools, including SLCC, Snow College, and USU Eastern
- Covers tuition, fees, and books for a 1-2 year trade program
- Contact financial aid office
Public Safety Officer Career Advancement Reimbursement (PSOCAR) Program
- The PSOCAR Program reimburses up to half of tuition and fees (maximum of $5,000 per year, subject to funding) for students enrolled in criminal justice related programs at a Utah System of Higher Education institution
- It is available for up to eight academic years.
WICHE Professional Student Exchange Program
- WICHE collaborates with 11 Western states and territories to provide a solution. Through the Professional Student Exchange Program (PSEP), students pursuing careers in 10 health fields – ranging from optometry to dentistry to veterinary medicine – may enroll in participating programs across state lines and receive substantial tuition support from their home state or territory.
- Through PSEP, a student can save $32,000 to $130,000 on tuition over the duration of a health degree study